As a blogger, who wants to take her blog to the next level in 2021, I have set a few blogging goals for myself…
I started this blog in February 2020, with a long list of what I wanted to achieve, stories I wanted to tell, places I wanted to visit and write about. In fact, I thought that by the time I clocked one, my blog readership would have grown significantly, that I would have at least a 100 quality and engaging posts — prolly visited more than five new states in Nigeria — and that I would have applied and gotten my Adsense.
Well, one year is only a month away and this is my 36th blog posts, I haven’t traveled to any new states in Nigeria, not even the ones I talked about here. And the readers? Oh well, I’ve been inconsistent with my blog posts.
But, this year is going to be different.
You see, about two months after I started the blog, I got employed as a full-time content curator — a job that’s both backbreaking and time-consuming.
Not only did I not have the time to write as often as I want to, I didn’t have the time to do all of the traveling I had planned. Plus the COVID-19 pandemic also hindered my plans. I also did not have the time to keep up with a lot of things, like my Visual Book Club, like some of my personal social media pages.
But those are just excuses. And you know what they say: if you really want to get something done, you will find a way, if not, you will find excuses.
I still have my job as a content curator but I don’t work full time. So I tend to use my off days to work on the blog and travel and read and do all the amazing things I have always wanted to do.
So to kick start 2021, I want to share a few of my blogging Goals for the year. First, because I need something to remind me of what and what I want to achieve in the year and secondly because I need y’all to hold me accountable at the end of the year. Deal? Deal!
Now, let’s dive in…
My 2021 Blogging Goals
1. Publish my first 100 blog posts. I’ve about 35 blog posts as at the time of writing this posts. Which means, in 2021, I plan to publish at least 65 engaging blog posts.
To achieve this, I will…
- Publish at least one blog post every week.
- Publish at least five blog posts every month, including one travel blog post.
2. Get active on social media. And get 1000 new followers on Instagram and Twitter pages.
- Right now, I’ve about 500 followers on Instagram and 12.6k followers on Twitter.
- At the end of the year, I should have at least 1,500 organic followers on Instagram and 13.6k organic followers on Twitter.
3. Visit at least 5 new states in Nigeria and at least one country aside Nigeria.
- Abuja — Aso Rock.
- Osun — Olumirin Waterfalls.
- Ogun State — Olumo Rock. (UPDATE: I visited Olumo Rock on Tuesday, February 2, 2021. Kindly read all about my visit HERE)
- Cross River State — Obudu Mountain Resort.
- Rivers State — Bonny Island.
- Ghana — Yes please!
4. Activate my mailing list and get my first 100 subscribers.
5. Get active on YouTube and get my first 1000 subscribers.
- My YouTube channel is an extension of my blog. While I plan to do a lot of traveling as possible and share my honest experience about the places I visit, I also have plans to film these places and share them with y’all on my YouTube channel. Plus I have a lot of other ideas I plan to kickstart this year on the channel. Right now, I have only 6 subscribers, but getting it to 1000 subscribers by the end of the year is achievable. If I can dream it, I can achieve it lol. Please be one of the first people to make this dream a reality. Please CLICK HERE to SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel. Thank You!
6. Increase my readership and engagement by constantly promoting it online.
7. Be myself, and take it one day at a time.
What are your 2021 goals? As a blogger or writer or whatever you are? Please kindly share some of them in the comment below👇🏿